Code of Conduct
BrigadeCon has been organized to promote the hobby of playing role-playing games, to deepen ties of community among such gamers online, and to raise funds for charity. We see the playing of role-playing games as a worthwhile activity that benefits all who engage in it. It is our wish to share the benefits with everyone equally and, in so doing, embrace the best nature of community by extending our efforts to charitable donations. In fulfilling these goals, BrigadeCon will represent not only the hobby, but the companies and charities associated with it.
The following Code of Conduct, hereinafter ‘the code,’ has been prepared to establish expectations of behavior to guide and inform BrigadeCon Hosts, Moderators, GMs, Players, and any other Representatives, Volunteers, or Participants in the public eye during or in conjunction with BrigadeCon events or BrigadeCon itself.
Participation at any level with BrigadeCon confirms agreement to uphold the code.
- Act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; treat all people as equal, with dignity and respect. No list of groups will be made: treat all people as equal, with dignity and respect.
- Promote the goals and spirit of BrigadeCon in all dealings with the public on its behalf.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those interacting with BrigadeCon members and events, within and outside BrigadeCon.
- Comply with both the letter and spirit of any training or orientation provided to you by BrigadeCon in connection with your activities and responsibilities in association with it. BrigadeCon’s policies apply to all participants acting on its behalf, be they empowered with specific responsibilities, or not. These policies extend to all those participating in any and all events. Policies will be reviewed yearly or sooner if an issue arises with interpretation and use.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of BrigadeCon, and support the decisions and directions of the organizers and its delegated authorities.
- Take responsibility for your actions and decisions. Follow communication channels to facilitate the swift and appropriate resolution of problems. Ensure that you do not exceed the bounds of your position.
- Act with honesty and integrity, in accordance with professional and community standards, in regard to the responsibilities you perform for or on behalf of BrigadeCon.
BrigadeCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, [your specific concern here].
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If an attendee engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion of their feed from the conference.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants. We expect attendee to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can report with your name and email or anonymously. Please reference the link and time of the video where the event occurs.
You can make an anonymous report here:
When reporting anonymously we can not follow up with you directly, but we will fully investigate and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
Thank You for your interest in BrigadeCon.
We will ensure your time participating is fun.