► Event Timezone Setup
Event Timezone Setup
BrigadeCon 2017 operated under Eastern Daylight Time with Daylight Saving Time (or EST/EDT)
- Eventzilla is the tool we use to sell tickets to events.
- Eventzilla is currently running in Eastern Standard Time (US).
- Eastern Standard Time (US) is -5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time / Coordinated Universal Time (Standard Time)
- During BrigadeCon 2017 the Eastern Standard Time (US) timezone (in various locations) will be observing Day Light Savings Time
- This is known as Eastern Daylight Time (EST/EDT) or - 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time / Coordinated Universal Time (Standard Time).
We are a global convention and many of our participating nations do not observe Daylight Savings Time. In fact, most use unconverted unaltered Coordinated Universal Time (Standard Time). We understand this ... and in the future, this problem with not be present as our scheduling tool will set all game times via the global Greenwich Mean Time / Coordinated Universal Time (Standard Time).
Many Event Hosts of BrigadeCon 2017 are asking when and how they should setup their event times to accommodate for this Eastern Standard Time (US) adjustment. We have developed the process below.
Updating up your Event Time for your local time zone vs. EST/EDT.
Step 1: Please open a separate browser window to the time zone calculator seen below by clicking ... HERE
Step 2: Review the page
Ensure the webpage is set up for November 4th 2017.
Ensure the webpage is already set up with the left column using "EDT5EDT" which is (Eastern Standard Time using Daylight Savings Time of EDT).
Once this is done .... the left column will show the EST/EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) times that BrigadeCon 2017 will use.
Step 3: Now let's say you are running a game in London England. Select your local city or timezone from the drop down menu on the right hand side.
In the example below the event setup takes place at 8:00 am EST/EDT
The time zone in London is BST (British Summer Time) which is = UTC/GMT +1 hour
They have selected "Europe/London" and BST (British Summer Time) which is = UTC/GMT +1 is applied
Step 4: You can now cross-reference BrigadeCon's EST/EDT (UTC -4) with London's BST/DST (UCT +1)
- In the below example the BrigadeCon event that starts at 8:00am EST/EDT starts at 13:00 (or 1:00pm) BST/DST (UCT +1) in London
Step 5: You can now update your YouTube Event to reflect the correct local time that matches BrigadeCon's EST/EDT time.
- In the YouTube Live event below time has been adjusted to "United Kingdom" and "(GMT +1) London
Your Event is now edited properly and in sych with BrigadeCon 2017.